Friday 1 May 2015

Laura's 24th

** If you are looking for my stop on this month's blog hop with From The Heart Stamps, please scroll down, thanks! **


Today is my younger daughter's 24th Birthday. Happy Birthday to Laura :)
Laura said that she wanted a pink, girly card this year...


One of our memories of Laura as a little girl is of her wearing her floppy denim hat, so whilst browsing through my stamps and images, I decided to use Fancy Sunbonnet Flowers, which is a bugaboo image, made in rubber for Little Miss Muffet Stamps.
I've teamed this little cutie with papers by Echo Park; Be Mine & Little Girl.
I've used my swiss dots embossing folder, an 'Elegant Ovals' frame die by Marianne Creatables, and 2 punches from Stampin Up; scalloped border, and boho blossoms, which was used along with its matching stamp set 'One of a Kind'.
The sentiment is computer generated.


And here is Laura's card which Jake gave to her...


The patterned paper used is also by Echo Park, from the Love Story collection.
I used my cropadile to cut and set the eyelets, then scored a piece of white card for the 'toe' end.
'sister' is a word die by Clearly Besotted Stamps.

Happy Birthday Flissy! xx

Thanks for stopping by today, enjoy your weekend :)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Jo, love them!

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous cards! The first one is just so pretty - the little girl, the flowers, just delightful :-) The other - well, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, sweet card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cards as always!! Could you tell me how you get the word dies to stick? I've used wet glue, quickie glue, and others with not much success. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      I use wet glue. I dab the end of the bottle on the back of word die so it has tiny dots all along it, leave it for a few seconds then put it into place. Works every time for me.
      I normally buy Anita's tacky glue, but at the moment I'm using Tonic Studios craft tacky glue.
      Jo xx

      Delete