Thursday 1 May 2014

For Laura

It's the 1st of May, May Day, and today is my younger daughter's birthday.
Laura has a mischievous little cat named Jynx, so I decided to use this Cat with flower digi image by Motivet and try to colour it similar to her cheeky little kitty...


I don't know where I got this beautiful green floral paper from originally, I found it in my paper drawer, it must have come out of a pad that I had at one time though. If any of you know where it came from, please leave a comment and let me know, thanks.

UPDATE: Thanks to Faye, I now know that the paper is by Fancy Pants, from the Beach Babe collection, this sheet is called 'sand dollar'... Thank you Faye! xx

I embossed the cream piece with a grass embossing folder that I had free with a craft mag. The pretty white border was made using Stampin Up's eyelet border punch.
'happy birthday' has been cut using word dies from Clearly Besotted Stamps. The sentiment is also from there too (For Everyone stamp set).
I cut out an arched banner around the sentiment so that it would frame the outside of the image, then added punched flowers and crystals on the opposite side to finish.

Happy Birthday Laura Jayne (Flissy) xx

I'd like to enter this card at:
That Craft Place - Anything Goes
Paper Makeup - For a Special Lady
Creative Card Crew - Girly

If you'd like to see the card that my son gave to his sister for her birthday, it's HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty card Jo and and a really fab image too! I love your pretty detail and the sentiment die really makes this card pop! Many happy returns to your daughter too, hope she's having a wonderful day :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love that image.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew.
    ~ Crystal (DT)

    ReplyDelete