Friday 21 February 2014

Grumps' Budgie

Grumps is the nickname my kids call my Dad (a play on Gramps).
Now, Grumps doesn't have a budgie, i'm guessing he did as a child though, my great aunt bred them, but it's a standing joke in the family that the only thing that he can draw is a budgie, lol.
So as his birthday is coming up and Jake needed a card to give his Grandad, I decided to colour up FTH's Birthday Candle Birdbrain again (can't get enough of these little dudes), this time, I coloured him especially for Dad...


I used this pic off of google for reference...



Well, it's close enough I suppose! lol

The sentiment came with the image, and there's another inside the card, Jake chose "it's just another birdday".
The striped paper is by EK Success, designed by Stacy Claire Boyd, although i'm not sure what the actual 12x12 sheet is named as the strip at the bottom with the info has already been cut off years ago, this paper is at least 7 or 8 years old.
Grumps is cut with die-namics By the Letter dies using a brown wood effect paper from Basic Grey, Life of the Party pad.

I'd like to enter this card at:
From The Heart Stamps - February stamp of the month challenge.
Crafting By Designs - just for boys
Crafty Little Fairies - one for the boys
Crafty Cardmakers - come fly with me (use a bird)

Thanks for stopping by today :) xx

10 comments:

  1. Oh you do make me chuckle with these fab images! Love how you've coloured this one and the stripy paper is gorgeous too. Thanks for joining in at CLF hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I love them, they are great to colour, in fact after I made this card I coloured up 2 more FTH images ready to make into cards over the weekend :)
      Thanks Lisa, have a fab weekend xx

      Delete
  2. Jo, this is adorable ! Your coloring is amazing . I never thought coloring this crazy bird in more than one color. Thanks for the inspiration ! Great layout and DP . Love it.

    Thanks for joining us @ From the Heart Stamps and good luck with the GDT Call !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Imke :) I hope my Dad likes it too, have shown my Mom and she thinks it's hilarious lol

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful job coloring him to look like that pretty bird (?parakeet). I sure hope Grumps liked him too. :) Great story. Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yes Kelly, a budgerigar is like a parakeet, i always say like a canary, but in truth, they don't look the same lol.
      Grumps' birthday is on March 8th so he hasn't seen it yet, but my Mom says he will love it.

      Delete
  4. I thought I commented on this yesterday, must be losing the plot, lol

    Fabulous story! Such a cute budgie, and the design is gorgeous. Love how all the colours really gel

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, and great sentiment too.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun card Jo, I love how you've coloured the budgie and the DP's and wording are perfect...I hope Grumps loves his card lol! :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute and fun! Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs!
    xx Sharon/DT

    ReplyDelete