Thursday 30 January 2014

Romeo

I love all of the Polka Dot Pals from Little Miss Muffet Stamps, they are such a joy to colour up.
Romeo was released last week, as soon as I saw him I knew that I wanted to use him for my card for the new 'love' challenge starting today over on the LMM Blog...


awww he's all loved up for Valentines day :)
I coloured Romeo with my promarkers, then used my new Marianne heart dies to frame around him, but noticed after cutting that the die had left a crease across his trousers, so I grabbed my pencils and watercolour brush and went over them again, the result being darker trousers than I originally wanted, but they look better now that the crease is less noticeable.
The patterned paper is by Bazzill Basics from a pad called Nordic Pines. Once layered onto the red mirror card, I paper pierced all around the edge and dragged a brown marker through the holes for some faux stitching.
The wide brown ribbon was off a box of chocolates, knew it would come in handy.
The extra embellishments are all from my stash.
No sentiment has been added, I don't think it needs one, so this card could also be used for an anniversary as well as Valentines.

Need some inspiration for your own valentines/love themed card? check out what the other Little Misses have made this week.

I'm entering Romeo in the following challenges:
My Mums Craft Shop - love
Sweet Stampin - in stitches
The Pink Elephant - love
Passion for Promarkers - anything goes
I Love Promarkers - love is in the air

Thanks for looking, have a lovely day x

10 comments:

  1. Hey Jojo. I really like this card and I especially like the face. You rock xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Jo! Love the dies and the shiny heart! Terrific coloring! Great job on the face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So stunning Jojo.I love your striking colours and your image and design are fabulous.
    Thanks for joining in my theme this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card!
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampin' Challenge this week. Hope to see you again.
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your idea of paper piercing the holes around the edge and then using a marker through them. Brill.
    Can't see any creases on his trousers and they look fab done in that colour. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing at MMCS! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful
    Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin' xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiyah Jo
    oh wow he is just fab, I love how you did his face.
    Thank you for playing along with us over on the PFP challenge blog
    hugs Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really lovely looking card. Sweet image and great design. Thanks for playing with us over at PFP this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi ,the card is a stunner ,fab colouring and a cute Image! thank you so much for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers Challenge this week.
    Hugs Gudrun

    ReplyDelete