Friday 23 August 2013

For Jake

This is one of 3 cards I have to show you today. This first one is the card i've made for my son for his birthday, it isn't until November, but I thought i'd get it made early.
This image is so much like him at the moment, infact he is playing his xbox and has his headset on at this very moment...



The image is 'teenage boy gaming' from Jelly Park.
The patterned papers used are by My Minds Eye (Stella & Rose - Hattie). I added a 'tiny bubbles' embossed piece of plain navy cardstock behind the image.
The sentiment is from The Alley Way Stamps, but I wrote '15th' myself.
I used dienamics 'by the letter' dies for the word son, and added card candi to finish.

I'm entering this card at:
Inky Impressions - masculine
Seize the Birthday - anything goes
Paper Crafting Journey - anything goes
Freshly Made Sketches - sketch by Cindy




Back in a mo with number 2 ;)


UPDATE: woohoooo!




14 comments:

  1. Such a great card! Thank you for playing along with the Inky Impressions Challenge!
    Danni~ Inky Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card for a teenage boy. Love the image you used and the colors are perfect. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic male card. Such a great image. Thank you for entering this week's challenge at Inky Impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic masculine card for a teen! Love the colors and the added letters for a great personal touch! Thanks for joining us over at Seize the Birthday Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect card for a teenage boy! Thanks so much for joining us in this special Freshly Made Sketches celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card. I was trying to figure out a way to flip the sketch but couldn't make it work. You totally rocked it out though! Love it and it's perfect for a teen boy. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabolous. Love the design with the layers,embossing and ribbon.Thanks for playing at Inky Impressions and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at Inky Impressions xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. LMK
    Thanks
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow! of course Cindy, if you think it good enough to showcase, thank you! xx

      Delete
    2. Heavens yes. It's a fantastic guy card. I'll stop by and send you a link Monday night. Thanks:)

      Delete
  9. Awesome masculine card! Thanks so much for playing along with Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here is the link to the Manly Monday blog post
    http://cre8ivecindy.blogspot.com/2013/09/manly-monday.html
    Thanks for being a part of Manly Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card. I have a 15 year old too - I know they don't do much else! TFS.

    ReplyDelete