Thursday 2 May 2013

Pieced Off!

Today has a new challenge over at Little Miss Muffet Challenges, and this time we want you to include some paper piecing to your project please.
As soon as I saw 'nice weather for ducks' I knew I wanted to paper piece that umbrella...


I started by printing out the image and then printed just the brolly part twice more onto my patterned papers so that I could cut out the pieces to fit exactly. The papers incidently are by Pink Paislee, from their Circa' 2012 paper pack. I used the same paper to make the little flowers too using a daisy punch, finished with a sparkly gem at their centre and shimmery gold vellum punched leaves.
The image is coloured with my usual promarkers, and was a dream to colour. The sentiment is computer generated, and the border pieces, which look a little like raindrops, were cut using a cArt-Us die.
I think i'm going to make more of these stepper cards, I really enjoy making them.
Okidoki, over to you now ;)
The challenge will run for 2 weeks, giving you plenty of time to join us ;)
If you have a Little Miss Muffet or Pollycraft image to use, then the challenge theme for you is anything goes, if you don't, then you can still join in as long as you paper piece somewhere.(but hey, if you haven't tried paper piecing before, give it a go, you'll love the end result)
To take part and also see what the other Little Misses have created please click HERE.

I'd like to enter this card at:
Passion for Promarkers - to die for (use at least one die or punch)
Stampin for the Weekend - use diecuts and/or punches
Crafty Cardmakers - April showers bring May flowers
Crafty Calendar - sunshine and showers

Thanks for stopping by today xx

23 comments:

  1. Thank you for raising a much needed smile. Pieced Off indeed!!! LOL I have been pieced off myself a bit the last few days.

    Anyhow, cute card, great paper piecing and just perfect for our challenge. Thank you

    Lin xx
    Crafty Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lin, glad to hear my card made you smile, that's a lovely compliment :)
      Jo xx

      Delete
  2. Step folds scare me, but you've made it look easy with the cracking make. Fabness CS, Fabness. Have a great weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card as usual on your blog!! Could you let me know what font you used please? Thanks for sharing! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, thank you :)
      The font is called A Little Pot, and I got it from Dafont. xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely card, she is so adroable with her little duck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card, Jo! Love the center step design and the cute papers! Great design and paper-piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab stepper card, Jo! Love your colouring and paper piecing of that sweet image! Great paper choices and pretty embellishments!
    Thanks for joining in with us at Passsion for Promarkers this week! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Jo, great colours!! hugs, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very gorgeous step card Jo. I love it.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable birthday card, and I love the step design! :) hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Jo and such a sweet design. I love the pretty papers and gorgeous added detail and your colouring is spot on too! :) Donna ♥ x

    PS: Definitely still loving the gingham...especially red and white lol! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card and the umbrella is fab. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Card! Great Design and beautiful colours. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week.
    Hugs Frida

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card! Love the image and your design. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stampin' for the Weekend. Hope you have a fabulous day!

    - Jenn DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card - love the paper piecing!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous colour combo Jo and I love the rain drop punch, genius idea!!
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely card. I love the red and yellow together. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time. Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. love this jo.gorgeous image and your design and paper piecing are stunning.
    Thanks for joining in my theme this week at the Passion for Promarkers Challenge :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jo, what a gorgeous stepper card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. I really like the pretty papers you've used. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I love this Jo! I really love that paper pieced umbrella, and the papers you've used!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a nice card, and I love the umbrella! Great job paper piecing it together. Thanks so much for joining my "April Showers Bring May Flowers" at Crafty Cardmakers! I hope to see you back again soon.
    Hugs, Tracey (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this!!! What wonderful paper choices for the piecing :>)

    ReplyDelete