Thursday 31 January 2013

this card's been tango'd!

If you don't like the colour orange then please look away now lol.
I do like orange, but other people seem to be able to use it better than I can on a card :/

I chose orange because the intended recipient of this card is a Wolves fan (Wolverhampton Wanderers) and orange is the closest colour I have to one of the team colours (even though some people say the colour is gold, which, btw, I have also used on this card) The other team colour is black, which, as you can see, is the colour card I have used to die-cut his name from.
Anyway, i'm hoping he likes this card when I give it to him for his 21st birthday...




The image is another I won from Kenny K, and is called 'cheers dude' :)
The extra beer glasses above the 21 and the text behind the image are both from SU's cheers to you stamp set, and the text background paper is from a Kanban CD 'male bacgrounds'.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Seize the Birthday - sketch & masculine card
Creative Inspirations - one for the guys
Simon Says Stamp challenges - anything goes
Allsorts - masculine


I actually counted all the cards I have made for this month and I think i've hit a record for me... 16 (well 17 actually, because I have made a card for a forum challenge that I can't show until tomorrow).
So January has been a very productive month for me, even better that I won 2 challenges and now own some fabulous digi images, and also came in the top 3 at Cards for Men too. Go me!
I hope February's cardmaking time is just as good, as most of my family and friends birthdays are in the first few months of the year, so have plenty to do.
Thanks for stopping by and seeing what i've been upto this month, and thanks for your lovely comments too xx


9 comments:

  1. Great card! Love the orange. Good job on scoring some free images, may the rest of your year be just as good to you if not better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, super colour (though I'm no Wolves fan myself!) - I've got that SU set myself. Well done on your record make in January - same again in February?

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooo I hope so Kathy :)
      I'm not a wolves fan either, i'm not a 'fan' of any team, but I suppose if I had to choose a team i'd probably go for west brom.

      Delete
  3. Very cool card!! I love all of the orange!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh love this Jo! I really like orange and you've used it so well! :))
    I have made lots of cards this month too, but I can never make enough lol!
    Congrats on your wins too :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. great work and thanks for joining in with my challenge over at Allsorts this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab zingy coloured card for a man Jo, love the design. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great male creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic 21st bday card :)
    So glad you joined us on Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete