Wednesday 11 May 2011

cheers!

I was asked by my boss to make a card for an upcoming birthday in her family. Now I don't normally like making cards for men, but then I realised that I have this fab Pollycraft beer monster digi image and I knew I could make a suitable card...


I think he is my fave Pollycraft image cos he's always there when I need to make a card for a man, and he can be coloured in whatever colours I fancy (the only time i'd get stuck is if the recipient was teetotal) and at just 99p he's an absolute BARGAIN!

I coloured him with my promarkers, and printed his hand/glass again so that I could pop that out with foam pads.
The papers are by Dovecraft, backed onto cardstock by SU (chocolate chip & garden green), the sentiment is also by SU.
The name is a mix of chipboard letters that were in different colours, I peeled off the top layer of each letter, covered with glue and then applied green flock for a fuzzy texture. I have had this flock for aaaaaaages and never got round to using it, actually I have lots of other stashy bits n pieces that I have not used yet either! (ssshh!)

I enjoyed making this card so much, that I made another similar to it for the 21st birthday of a friend of my daughter, but that's sealed in its envelope now and I forgot to take a photo beforehand.

Hope my boss likes this card, i'm in work tonight so will get the verdict then!

I'm entering this card into the following challenges...

Pollycraft - boyz to men
Crafty Creations - anything goes
Stamp Something - may digi day (use a digi)
Secret Crafter - dust off your stash (green flock)

I'm loving entering challenges again! :)

ok... off to draw a spacehopper!!

bbs xx

7 comments:

  1. Yay, more challenges! Go girl. Off to draw a space hopper? Are you thinking about your next car again?! ;) This card is brill. This little guy is perfect for the men and he looks great with your choice of papers. Another great card. CS. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Lovely card for Crafty Creations Challenge! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

    Greetings, Saskia
    (guest designer)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Saskia :)

    LOL Faye! a spacehopper would be more reliable than our shed!! :D
    Thanks hunni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card :o)

    Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter this week

    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabby card Jo, love the papers and his 'popped out' arm and beer!!
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just the sweetest little monster. Love your card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations this week. Love to have you join the fun. :)Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining our "Dust off your stash" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete