Tuesday 11 January 2011

HUBBY Birthday!

My husband is 39 today :)
He usually tries to book the day off work for his birthday, but was unable to this year :(
My hubby doesn't like a lot of fuss (he prefers to fuss over me!)
so I asked 'do you want to go out for a meal for your birthday?'
Nope, he wants to stay at home, so i'll be cooking him a mixed grill instead.
He's in Wales today (he left at 4.30 this morning) and he might be later getting home too (around 7pm), so I can't really blame him for wanting to stay in, have a meal, have a drink or 2 then snooze in front of the telly.

Here's the card that I have made for him...


sorry that the pic isn't too good, it's very dull here today.

The cardstock, beer stamp, balloon stamp, and sentiment are all SU
The paper is by Provocraft (had it when I had a cricut machine)
The 'hubby' is chipboard letters, I covered them in glue and added glitter but it's hard to see in the pic.

I'm going to enter this into the challenge at Charisma Cardz, this week the theme is birthdays and celebrations.
I already entered the challenge with the 21st birthday card I made (below) but we are allowed to enter upto 3 times, so here goes :)

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Dave! Poor him, all that driving, but he'll enjoy his mixed grill. I love this card, all the elements are great. I had to look really closely at the paper as I thought it was tiles you'd stuck on! The things we do for luuuuurve! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Faye xx
    LOL!, I do love him to bits, but dunno if i'd have the patience to stick thousands of itty bitty tiles on a card LOL! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo,

    Wow fab card hon, your Hubby will love it - gutted for him though all that driving on his Birthday is pants :o(
    Enjoy your mixed grill, sounds yum!
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Jo's hubby! He should swap with my OH as he's being given a day off for his birthday but would rather work!! Mind you it is a significant one...

    Love the card, spoil him rotten later & have a lovely night xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your hubby, Jo....you made him a great card....love the papers....hope he enjoys your mixed grill!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh!! what a fabulous card, thanks for joining our Birthday/Celebration challenge at Charisma.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy brithady to your hubby hope he has a great night with you hunni He is sure off to a great start with a fab home cooked meal & a totally fabulous card. I love it hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card, thanks for joining us at Charismas birthday challenge.
    Sally. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. What a day to have to do all that mileage. He'll be dig tired.

    Hope you have had a lovely evening.

    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fab hubby card!!

    This would be a fantastic entry into the Top Tip Tuesday 'Anything Goes' Challenge!  Hope to see you there!

    Hugs
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining our 2nd birthday celebrations over at Charisma cardz challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to your Hubby.

    Guess what Jo.....you are the winner of my blog candy on H20 Creations.
    Please contact me.

    ReplyDelete