Friday 5 September 2014

FTH September Blog Hop

Welcome to my stop on From the Heart Stamps blog hop.
If you're a FTHS fan, and especially a fan of the Birdbrains, you're going to want to read about what is happening for our hop this time ;)

Our theme is “For the Bird{brains}” and let me tell you, I am SO EXCITED that we are having a hop dedicated to my favourite little feathery dudes/dudettes! :)

http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/
As you hop along, please leave a comment on each entry. One random commenter will be selected on each blog to win an image of choice from the FTHS store. Some Design Team members are also giving away the actual project they create for the hop, too. So, you may win an image and a card or project from some of the blogs!
Additionally, one commenter on the From the Heart Stamps blog will be selected to win a $15 gift voucher to the store!

BUT WAIT! there's more! We are offering another really cool prize on the FTHS blog!
Have you ever had a great idea for a Birdbrain image? Well, this is your chance!
One lucky winner randomly selected from all the comments will be selected to work with Faith to design a Birdbrain image! How AWESOME is that?!

We would like to invite all of you to be a part of our hop this month too.
There is an inlinkz at the bottom of this post, and at every stop on the hop.
Use one of the designer’s tutorials and your favorite Birdbrain image to create a project to play along. We can’t wait to see what you create!
If you are interested in guest designing for FTHS over the next few months, simply add GDT to your entry. We are looking for six people to guest design for two month rotations over the next 6 months. Hope you will print off your favorite Birdbrain and play along!

If you have arrived here from the lovely Imke, you are in the right place, if not, why don’t you start at the From the Heart Stamps blog, so you don’t miss anything. The full hop list is there too.

Here is my Blog Hop project, a simple fold, diorama card...


And here's how I made it. I used the following items:

From The Heart Stamps Mistletoe Birdbrains digital stamp
2 pieces of white cardstock, both measuring 20cm x 15.5cm *
1 piece of white cardstock big enough to make a frame for my aperture
Dovecraft / Back to Basics / Christmas / Vintage (6x6 pad)
oval coluzzle cutting system
Marianne Design Creatables Die Set (Petra's Ornaments)
Poppystamps Die (Frozen Flakes)
large and small heart punches

* The finished card will lay flat in its envelope, So your cardstock can be any size you wish, so long as it fits inside the envelope you want to use.  So if you have a 6" square envelope, then cut 2 identical pieces of cardstock, slightly smaller than the envelope size (e.g approx 14.5cm or 5¾" squared)


I started this card by scoring both pieces of cardstock on the 20cm side at 2cm, 4cm, 16cm & 18cm
(or you can score at 2cm and 4cm, turn and repeat at other end)

Fold your scored cardstock so that the 2 pieces look similar to this:


(You will glue the 2 outer ends together once you have completed the inside of the back piece, and cut out your aperture on the top piece.)

Next, add your designer paper to what will be your top piece. Then either die-cut or punch out your aperture. I used this Marianne Creatables die. I also used the same die again, plus the slightly bigger die from the set, on a seperate piece of white card stock to make a frame for the aperture.


Next I glued more designer paper to the inside of the back piece, then glued down my image, which i'd coloured with promarkers, then cut out using an oval coluzzle . I added some punched hearts to the bottom of the image.


Now all that's left to do is glue the 2 outer ends together and to finish decorating the front of your diorama card. See? I told you it was simple ;)
I chose not to add a sentiment, but I did add the snowflake border die-cuts (Poppystamps die)
I thought it would be nice for YOU to choose your own sentiment, or maybe add the name of the recipient to the front of the card?
That's because I'd like to send this card to one of you lovely people. The randomly chosen commenter can have this card sent 'as is', or, if you'd like me to, I'll add either of the 2 sentiments "Merry Kissmas" or "Meet me under the Mistletoe" and/or a name of your choice too (cut from Die-namics By the Letter dies)
And remember, if chosen, you'll also get to choose an image from the store too :)

So if you'd like me to send this card to you, please remember to leave a comment, as mr random thingy might just pick you ;)

Here's the finished card again...


I'd like to enter this card at:
My Mums Craft Shop - Dies or Punches
2 Cute Ink - Anything goes
Paper Makeup - Anything goes
Fan-tastic Tuesday - Anything goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything goes

Now, please head over to Kathy's blog to see what she has made for this fun hop :)
Thanks for hopping with us today. The hop will end on Sunday September 14th at 6am, EST. Winners will be posted on the From the Heart Stamps Blog on Wednesday September 17th.

36 comments:

  1. Beautifully done Jo. I have not made one of these for some time. I like your addition of the beautiful border dies. What cute images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and such a lovely image, Thank you for the tutorial, makes me wanna try, :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your card, and the first thing I said was AWWWWW! Too cute.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! this is just amazing! love the gorgeous die paired with the precious stamp set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so elegant! Beautiful die cuts too.... You made this look easy, thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pick me, Pick me! Oh, I don't think I'm allowed to win am I? Wish I was, because this is amazing! Such a cool technique and such gorgeous coloring. LOVE it all. Going to try this technique for sure Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your card. It's really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute!!! Love your image and those gorgeous dies.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome coloring, fun colors, love those Birdbrains! And how much fun is this card fold - I really want to try this!! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card! I love this technique -thanks for the hop & technique - have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love this Jo! Fab card and a great tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great fold card, Jo ! The die cuts fits perfectly with this sweet image. Love it. Thanks for your great tutorial !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG...wonderful! I have not tried this card design and the image is on my wish list. Can't wait to try. Precious card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful project. Gorgeous cut out. Love the Birdbrain images.

    Hugs,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very elegant and anyone would be thrilled to get this as a Christmas Card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the green you have used here, it looks super pretty with the delicate snowflakes. Great project Jojo x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this. I am going to have to try it. Great job on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card! I love the dimension it has and the die cuts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute card! I love the frame. Thank you for joining us at 2 Cute Ink Challenge Blog.

    Happy Crafting!
    Jen (JLJ Designs)
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a very cute card. Great idea and more than I can possibly do. How creative.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card...what a special gift for someone! That is such a cool fold, and great job on the tutorial!! Thanks so much for being a part of the hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wonderful card...thank you for the steps!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great idea! I haven't tried that fold yet but I love it! Your snow flakes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute card!! I'll have to try that fold.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Jo, this card is so creative and such a clever design...thanks for the tut and piccy's, have bookmarked for a future date. I love that the aperture frames these adorable little chicks, they look a tad cheeky bless 'em lol! Hope all OK with you and sorry for not stopping by sooner...where did summer go? :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge 51 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've never seen a card like this before! So interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for this lovely post Jo! I thought the card looked difficult to make but after reading your post it's quite simple after all and it's very effective, plus the image is uber cute! I think the colour scheme works very well too x

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a fantastic and fun card design.I must try this type of card and your tutorial looks easy to follow.Love this image too.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Really like that interesting folded card! Very cute image too!!

    ReplyDelete